And one step prior to this - copy all your files from the USB stick before 
using Dusk Utility as formatting the drive will erase everything on the stick. 

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 30/11/2012, at 9:07 AM, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
> 
> I didn't give details in my quick reply as I was heading out on a job, and I 
> presumed you already knew how to format a drive.
> I'm sure I gave you a tutorial on formatting a Drive when I supported you 
> with upgrading from Tiger to Lion awhile back.
> 
> Is the USB Flash Drive now formatted MS-DOS (FAT32)?
> 
> If not, here are details:
> 1.  Insert the USB Flash Drive 
> 2.  Open Disk Utility
> 3.  The available drives will be listed in the left column. 
>     Click on the drive labeled "USB Flash Drive Media."
> 4.  Click on the "Erase" tab at the top of the utility to show the formatting 
> and naming options for your drive. 
>     Give your USB drive a name by typing it into the field provided. 
>     Select  "MS-DOS (FAT)" as the volume format. (In OS X this will then 
> format the Volume as MS-DOS (FAT-32)
> 5.  Click the "Erase" button on the lower-right side of the screen to begin 
> the formatting process.
> 6. Then Eject the USB Thumb Drive
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
> 2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD
> 
> OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
> 
> 
> 
> On 30/11/2012, at 6:59 AM, Rick Armstrong <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Thanks Ronni, I went to disk utility but I didn't know where to go from 
>> there, all done now..
>> On 30/11/2012, at 5:54 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Rick,
>>> 
>>> Use Disk Utility, to format the 8GB Flash Drive as FAT32.
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni   
>>> 
>>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>>> 
>>> On 30/11/2012, at 5:00 AM, Rick Armstrong <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> I took a SanDisk 8GB Flash Drive to OfficeWorks to printout a file but 
>>>> they couldn't read it (the word Mac came into the conversation), 
>>>> How do I reformat and why should I, I didn't have to reformat previous 
>>>> Flash Drives. I had bought the SanDisk 8GB Flash Drive from Officeworks 
>>>> last year.
>>>> Thanks Rick.
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: 
> http://lists.wamug.org.au/pipermail/wamug.org.au-wamug/attachments/20121130/9cd76b38/attachment.htm
>  
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>