Hi Laura

Double tap the Home Button to bring up the "open Apps" then push them to the
right *until you get to the iTunes Control/ (or Volume slider depending on iOS
version you're running).. You'll see an icon that looks like a screen with a
triangle on it (Air Play). Tap on this, and you'll see a choice to show on iPad
(which will have a tick) or AppleTV. Choose Apple TV and then what is being
displayed on the iPad will show up on the AppleTV.

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 4s

---