Thanks, I have done that but I need to have the icons on the desktop as PDF 
Icons not images.

On 15/05/2013, at 10:08 AM, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
> 
> Right Click on File Icon
> Select "Get Info"
> Go to "Open With"
> Select "Adobe Reader"
> Then use "Change All" if you wish
> 
> On 15/05/2013, at 9:26 AM, Rick Armstrong <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Can someone please tell me how to show pdfs as the Acrobat Icons not as 
>> Image Icons on the desktop. I saw it somewhere in preferences but can't find 
>> it again.
>> Thanks, Rick.
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> 
> 
> Regards,
> Stephen Chape
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>