Thanks for the guidance Ronni,
I checked the settings on my other devices and they are all set to DHCP and 
they each have their own IPv4 Address.
Therefore I am hopeful that the problem resided in the ethernet port connection.
Give it a couple of days to stabilise and i'll let you know the outcome.
Cheers
Marcus
Marcus Harris
P.O. Box 7135
Marcus Harris
Shenton Park
Western Australia 6008
Australia
Cryptodome Pty Ltd
[email protected]
Mob: +61 (0) 417965618





On 16/05/2013, at 6:20 AM, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
> 
> Changing the Ethernet Port could very well correct the problem. The port the 
> Ethernet cable was connected to could be faulty.
> 
> The settings you have given below in System Preferences are the  correct 
> settings.
> The Router is set to automatically hand out IP addresses.
> 
> Do you have any other devices - other computer connecting to your Network?
> If you do, check that they are set to use DHCP 
> Setting all computers to using DHCP will let the router handle the addressing.
> 
> Let us know if changing the Ethernet port doesn't fix the problem.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
> 
> On 15/05/2013, at 10:27 PM, Marcus F Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Hello Ronni,
>> Here are the values.
>> Before proceeding further, I can tell you that I moved the ethernet cable 
>> from outport 3 to outport 1 and it has been stable today.
>> Maybe there was an issue with the ethernet cable socket???
>>> What values are shown for the following please.
>>> 
>>> Configure IPv4:Using DHCP
>>> 
>>> IPv4 Address:192.168.0.2
>>> 
>>> Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
>>> 
>>> Router:192.168.0.1
>>> 
>>> Configure IPv6: Automatically
>>> 
>> Marcus
>> Marcus Harris
>> P.O. Box 7135
>> Marcus Harris
>> Shenton Park
>> Western Australia 6008
>> Australia
>> Cryptodome Pty Ltd
>> [email protected]
>> Mob: +61 (0) 417965618
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 15/05/2013, at 2:34 PM, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Marcus,
>>> 
>>> I replied to your post Re: Problem with network on Mon. 13th May.
>>> 
>>> Check you are using DHCP in System Preferences > Network 
>>> Select  Ethernet (which is your connection)
>>> Configure IP4: Using DHCP
>>> 
>>> Then click on Advanced  > TCP/IP
>>> What values are shown for the following please.
>>> 
>>> Configure IPv4:
>>> 
>>> IPv4 Address:
>>> 
>>> Subnet Mask:
>>> 
>>> Router:
>>> 
>>> Configure IPv6: Automatically
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni 
>>> 
>>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>>> 
>>> On 15/05/2013, at 1:41 PM, Marcus F Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>>> Hello,
>>>> 
>>>>> Maybe someone has had this problem before but I haven't seen the advice, 
>>>>> so I would like some guidance please.
>>>> 
>>>>> I am receiving this message every afternoon. 
>>>>> I am connected to the Netgear modem by ethernet cable, never by wifi. 
>>>> 
>>>>> Often the message corresponds to a disturbance in the modem, which 
>>>>> requires me to restart it.
>>>>> 
>>>>> The whole issue started about 6 weeks ago, but I cannot figure out the 
>>>>> basis of the problem, so help please.
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Error message Reads 
>>>>> "Another device on the network is using your computer's IP address 
>>>>> (192.168.0.2)
>>>>> Try connecting again later. (YES THIS WORKS) If you continue to have 
>>>>> problems change the computer's IP address or of the IP on the other 
>>>>> device.(SO, HOW DO I KNOW WHAT THE OTHER DEVICE WOULD BE?)"
>>>>> Anyway I'd like to confirm that this is not due to some neighbour using 
>>>>> my iMac remotely.
>>>>> 
>>>>> iMac 27 Late 2009; 3.06 Intel dual core; 8GB 1067Mhz DDR3; ATI Radeon HD 
>>>>> 4670 256 Mb; OSX 10.8.3 (12D78)
>>>>> 
>>>>> Cheers
>>>>> Marcus
>>>>> Marcus Harris
>>>>> P.O. Box 7135
>>>>> Marcus Harris
>>>>> Shenton Park
>>>>> Western Australia 6008
>>>>> Australia
>>>>> Cryptodome Pty Ltd
>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>> Mob: +61 (0) 417965618
>>>> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>