Alan the list members received your original message at 1:02:002 AM AWST

Sent from Ronni's iPad4

On 23/05/2013, at 4:01 PM, Alan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> re-sending in Plain Text - - -
> 
> Begin forwarded message:
> 
>> From: Alan Smith <[email protected]>
>> Subject: Re: iPad Battery charge cycles
>> Date: 23 May 2013 10:02:02 AM AWST
>> To: [email protected]
>> 
>> A wrap-up on iPad battery life - - -
>> 
>> I went to the Garden City Apple store and asked about reading the "1000 
>> charge-discharge cycles" count.
>> 
>> Yes, Apple can read the cycle count, BUT the figure is meaningless as it 
>> resets to zero each time the iPad is reset!
>> 
>> Regarding battery replacement, I got the clear impression that ad-hoc 
>> decisions are made depending on age and condition of the iPad, and the 
>> argument made by the customer.
>> 
>> Cheers
>> Alan
>> 
>> 
>> On 19/05/2013, at 11:27 AM, Alan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Ronni
>>> 
>>> Thanks for the response, which is helpful.  I calibrated the battery once 
>>> long ago, but have since tended to use the displayed 10 percent as my 
>>> recharge signal.
>>> 
>>> However, when Apple claims that the iPad battery has a life of 1000 full 
>>> charge-discharge cycles, I would have expected a Settings menu that would 
>>> give a log of full and partial charge cycles.  Might ask at the local Apple 
>>> store one day when I have plenty of spare time.
>>> 
>>> Cheers
>>> Alan
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 19/05/2013, at 10:08 AM, Alan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> The battery of my  iPad 2 now needs more frequent charging for normal use.
>>>>> 
>>>>> How do I measure the capacity of the battery?  
>>>>> How do I determine the number of full charge and discharge cycles that 
>>>>> have been made?
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards, Alan
>>>>> 
>>>>>  Late 2012 iMac 27" Intel Quad Core i5   3.2Ghz 8GB RAM - OSX 10.8.2
>>>>>  Late 2009 iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 12G RAM - OSX 10.8.2
>>>>>  iPad2; ATV2;  iPhone5
>>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>>>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>>> 
>> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>