Reg

On 09/10/2013, at 12:10 PM, Reg Whitely wrote:

>> I've just received this email, purported to be from PayPal. I've not had any
>> transactions with the png palm oil people, whoever they are, and have sent a
>> copy to "phish...@paypal.com.au" as requested by Paypal (see
>> https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/security/antiphishing-ppphishingreport)
>>
>> What do you think? There has been no recent transaction movements in my
>> account.

If the "seller" is not phishy enough, a whois on the domain of the return
address provides:

-------------------------------------
Domain Name: ADMIN.NET
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-01-03 21:17:44
Creation Date: 1996-02-29 00:00:00
Registrar Expiration Date: 2018-03-02 00:00:00
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Francois Normant
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: BP 22672
Registrant City: Dakar Ponty
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 00000
Registrant Country: Senegal

They produce a lot of palm oil in Senegal, but this person (with no stated
organisation) is probably not in the business, and is even less likely to be
associated with palm oil in PNG. More to the point, he clearly has nothing to
do with Paypal.

Regards

Geoff