That is a real help, Ronni.   Terminal is interminable for non-regular Terminal
users!   But why hide the Library in the first place?   No one in their right
mind is going to seriously monkey with it and I am sure it will require at
least an administrator password like the Applications folder to pull anything
out of it.
Maybe I am living in an older world dream but I find all this security stuff a
real pain - like the rigmarole to make the IOS7.0.3 update tick after
installing it earlier today.
What has happened to the limit on mail retained in IOS7 Mail?   Used to be 50
but I currently have 318 showing for two users and counting!   Can not find
where to change it.
Enjoy this glorious, sunny, late spring day everyone, soon out tongues will be
hanging out when summer finally bites.
Severin Crisp

On 29 Oct 2013, at 1:00 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Mavericks "adoptees",
>
> Mavericks hides the user Library folder ( ~/Library) by default, just as Lion
> and Mountain Lion do.
> You can open it easily enough by holding down Option while choosing Library
> from the Finder’s Go menu, or you can use Terminal.app and type the command
> "chflags nohidden ~/Library" (without the quotes) and hit Enter and your User
> Library shows in Finder.
>
> Mavericks introduces an easier way to make the user Library folder visible
> all the time—no more fiddling in Terminal.
> All you need to do is open your Home Folder in its own window, choose View >
> Show View Options, and select the "Show Library Folder" checkbox.
>
> I would imagine Mavericks will behave the same way Mountain Lion & Lion do;
> so ever time an update appears (10.9.1 or 10.9.2), the User Library will be
> re-hidden and you'll have to repeat this procedure... but it will be much
> quicker than having to go into Terminal every time after each update to the
> OS to have ~/Library folder visible all the time.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> 17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
> 2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD
>
> OS X 10.9 Mavericks
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au