Could it be iCloud?  Doing syncs in the background?  Just a guess...

Rob

On 1/11/13 10:44 AM, Severin Crisp wrote:
I updated to iOS7 on my iPad mini some days ago, a smooth process and I am happy with the result, like all changes they take a bit of getting used to but in the end the benefits are well worth it. When the iOS7.0.3 update showed I went ahead with that and again all seemed fine. Next time I went to the iPad after some hours with it asleep, i.e. the cover closed, all I got was the flat battery symbol, quite unexpected. Recharged and all working fine. Quite a few comments on the internet on heavy drain with iOS7 so I went through and disabled everything in sight while still retaining basic functionality. While asleep the battery discharge remained at 10% per hour though it ceased when iPad shut down. Switching off Carrier/Automatic then selecting Telstra implicitly (vodafone AU and YES OPTUS) also appear in the list seems to have cured it for the moment. I will obviously watch carefully and run on minimum options before selecting back the ones I would like to have. I am in quite unfamiliar territory, would you believe I do not have a mobile phone! I believe I have a 3G SIM installed, from memory, but see 4G as an option to use for faster transfer. Normally I use WiFi but the other is useful first thing in the morning before other things power up and when away from home for whatever.
Informed comment/advice would be most welcome!
Severin Crisp
____________________________________________________

*             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys*
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
mail to: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
____________________________________________________





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

--
Dr Rob Phillips
Educational Design Project
School of Education, Curtin University
[email protected] Phone: +61 (0)416 065 054
Life member, Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education
Fellow, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>