> On 6 Nov 2013, at 7:59 am, Peter Hinchliffe <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 
>> On 05/11/2013, at 10:54 AM, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Mmmmmm !
>> So the decimal will be misused somewhat to achieve the new name !
>> Being OSX 10.10
>> Interesting.
> 
> I think Apple have explained before (and I don't have the reference!) that 
> the the dot is no more a decimal point than it is in a date such as 
> 6.11.2013. It's simply a separator, which kind of makes since since 10.7.5 is 
> not really a decimal number either. In this context then, 10.10.x makes 
> perfect sense.

Peter is correct;  the (.) is not a decimal point, it is just a separator.
The X also stands for Unix, Steve Jobs mentioned (before the public arrival of 
iOS), that Mac OS X (it was still Mac OS X back then) is a brand/architecture 
to be used for the next two decades. 
So there is still some life left with OS X.

Cheers,
Ronni
Sent from Ronni's iPad4

> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
> Perth, Western Australia
> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>