Hi Alan

If you've kept the "Install Mavericks" installer that got downloaded, then yes
you can "save" it to install on other computers. If it's already gone or been
deleted, then unfortunately you need to download it again.

There are a couple of steps to make a bootable install, as posted previously.
I've copy and posted them here as well.

Ronni's post.
/quote

It is quite a bit different to Make A Bootable Install Drive in Mavericks.
There are a couple of ways to do it, either using Terminal, or you can use Disk
Utility, (I would not suggest you use Lion DiskMaker as it is still in Beta for
Mavericks).

The easiest is Using Mavericks’ new bootable-drive-creation feature Hidden
inside the Mavericks installer is a Unix program called createinstallmedia
provided by Apple to create a bootable Mavericks installer. If you’re
comfortable using Terminal, it’s a relatively simple tool to use. The program
assumes your account has administrator privileges.

Note: if you leave the Mavericks installer in its default location in the
Applications folder when you install OS X 10.9, the installer will be deleted
automatically after the installation finishes. So if you plan to use that
installer on other Macs, or—in this case—to create a bootable drive, be sure to
copy the installer to another drive, or at least move it out of the
Applications folder, before you install. If you don't, you'll have to
re-download the installer from the Mac App Store before you can create a
bootable install drive.

You need a drive (a hard drive, SSD, thumb drive, or USB stick) that’s big
enough to hold the installer and all its data—at least an 8GB flash drive. That
drive must also be formatted with a GUID Partition Table.

Create the Mavericks install drive
Using Mavericks’ new bootable-drive-creation feature Hidden inside the
Mavericks installer is a Unix program called createinstallmedia provided by
Apple to create a bootable Mavericks installer. If you’re comfortable using
Terminal, it’s a relatively simple tool to use. The program assumes your
account has administrator privileges.

You will have to make sure that the Mavericks installer is in your Main
Applications folder. The Terminal command assumes the installer is in its
default location. You will have to move it back there after you copied it to
another drive or moved it out of the Applications folder as explained above.
Best to go here for all the detailed instructions to follow:
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2056561/how-to-make-a-bootable-mavericks-install-drive.html>
/end quote

my post
/quote
Apparently the DiskMakerX program has been updated to work with Mavericks
now,…so that seems to be the "easier" way if you don't want to jump into
Terminal.
You can see more about it here as well -
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/10/how-to-make-your-own-bootable-os-x-10-9-mavericks-usb-install-drive/>

And the direct link for DiskMaker X - <http://diskmakerx.com>

All the normal "back up, take care, be careful, not responsible if it goes
wrong,…etc etc",…warnings apply :o)

I just used the Terminal command from the above site and it worked great, no
problems at all. My support boot drive now has a very nice Mavericks installer
complete with "self designed" background picture. :o)
(though my USB drive now has a lot of partitions,…with al the installers back
to 10.6.3 and "vanilla" HD Boot drives,….lol).
/end quote

The Apple ID may be the tricking part. But what you can do, is start the
download under the other AppleID then once it starts downloading, pause it.
Quit Software Update then install from your installer. That way it will be tied
to the correct ID for later/next time

Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 5

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <danielATmacwizardryDOTcomDOTau>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.