I don’t know about too many Apples Alan,  but I have a similar (?) gripe about SMS reception from the WA  Fire Brigades message service.  I switched from Samsung to iPhone and lost my contact with the pager/messaging service.   I have people at DFES investigating but so far no luck.  We trying the old “switch it off and on” trick just now.  i.e. delete my details from the database and then re-install them.  Thank goodness the bush fires seasons seems to be drawing to a close.

Bill