> On 9 Apr 2014, at 7:56 am, Peter Hinchliffe <hinch...@multiline.com.au> wrote:
>

>> On 8 Apr 2014, at 2:05 pm, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Not quite the solution to your friend’s problem but worth drawing attention
>> to HandyPrint which enables AirPrint for networked printers.   Thus I have a
>> FujiXerox CP205(not wireless or AirPrint), running by USB cable to the USB
>> socket on my Time Capsule which is the centre of my wireless network.  I
>> installed HandyPrint from my iMac and from thereon in it is available
>> wirelessly to my wife’s MacBook and our shared iPad mini from anywhere in
>> range, irrespective of the state (sleep or not) of the iMac.  Super
>> convenient.
>> Severin Crisp
>
> I have a similar recommendation for Printopia
>
> http://www.ecamm,com
>
> Like HandyPrint, Printopia is a System Preference which runs on your Mac. As
> long your iPad and your Mac are on the same wireless network, you can print
> to any printer accessible from your Mac, from your iPad. Unlike HandyPrint,
> Printopia is not free, but it does have the bonus feature of being able to
> send your print job as a PDF to DropBox or Evernote, which alone makes it
> worth the price of admission.

Hi Peter,

But Printopia will not work on Windows computers and Stephen's friend only uses
Windows computer and does NOT have a printer.
For a Windows computer there is a product called FingerPrint from Collobos
Software. It's close in functionality to Printopia and works on both Windows
and Mac platforms.
Setup and use is remarkably similar. You download the software on your computer
and not your iPad. It  then shares your physical and virtual printers so that
they can be accessed from the Print function on any iOS device.
But this still does not really help with Stephen's friend's situation. She only
prints at a Library using their Printer... not at home.
Both Fingerprint and Printopia share printers with users on the same wireless
network.
If the Library where she uses the Printer to print is connected to a wireless
network that she can join wirelessly, perhaps she might be able to print from
her iPad.
I would suggest that Stephen's friend speaks with the Librarian at the Library
where she prints.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4