Hi Folks!

I have been informed that I am the subject of possible Identity takeover.  
Someone has discovered the security code (that allows me to talk to the bank) 
for one of my credit card/bank accounts and had changed my addresses and 
contact details so that he/she could cancel my credit cards receive new ones in 
my name.

The Bank's Fraud department and the Police suggested that this occurred by the 
culprit sending me/my wife an innocuous email which they piggy-backed a program 
that monitored the key strokes when we were doing on-line banking.

We use iMacs (from 2011) and iPad 2s to access our bank accounts.

I have two questions.

Is there any way I can test our computers/ipads to determine if such aprogram 
is resident on the device; and
Is 1Password a suitable App to house confidential information and use to insert 
applicable passwords where required.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Regards

Raymond Hirst
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>