On 8 Jul 2014, at 2:46 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> As Daniel has already explained Music is "one way". I also have used iRip to
> transfer music to iTunes and have found it good.
>
> Just take care ... NB: To STOP iTunes from auto-syncing with the iPod:
> While connecting the iPod to your computer, be sure to hold down the Option +
> Command (⌥ and ⌘ Apple) keys together to prevent iTunes from auto-syncing
> with your iPod.
>
> If you don't do so, iTunes may automatically erase the contents of your iPod!
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni

Another time-honoured option is Senuti (that's iTunes spelt backwards),
probably the first in the genre and still going strong. Also not free. I fully
endorse Ronni's suggestion of preventing auto-syncing on your iPod. It's always
the first setting turn off. It's an extremely important thing to be aware of if
you ever have occasion to plug your iPod into someone else's computer. In this
case you will be prompted to decide if you want to sync your iPod with the new
computer. NEVER SAY YES! Your iPod's contents will be replaced with those of
the new computer if you do.

All of this is a nasty hangover from the original (and probably still current)
licensing agreements with the music companies which allowed the iTunes Music
Store to be launched in the first place, and is starting to feel a little
anachronistic.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948