Hi Mac lovers, I have a MacBook Pro Retina with a 2TB external drive routinely 
attached containing my iTunes and iPhoto libraries and quite a bit of other 
data (totalling around 560GB). In Time Machine I have INCLUDED the external 
drive in the routine backup so as you'd imagine, the first time for full backup 
took a LONG time - total around 650GB. 

My query is, if my external drive were to corrupt itself or get dropped and 
damaged hypothetically, how would I recover the data from the composite 
(Macbook + external drive) TC backup that was specific to the external drive? 
Has anyone done this and any experiences? Would I attach a new drive and pull 
recovered the data into it from the backup or how would this work?

I don't currently have a problem but I have wondered about how I would do this 
recovery should an issue with the drive occur.

Regards


Pete
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>