Useful Status Tool to check Activation Lock if buying a second hand iDevice 
from someone else.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/01/apple-activation-lock-tool/

Basically, it allows you to enter the serial (or IMEI) number of said device 
(iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) to check whether the person/owner still has Find My 
iPhone turned on. If it has, they need to disable it before you take ownership 
of the device.

Quite handy I would think…..
Though if it was me selling a device, I wouldn't send the person requesting it 
my serial or IMEI number first (if I didn't know them all that well). I'd 
probably send them the screen shot of the check from the site/tool with most of 
my serial/IMEI blanked out. That way they can see it's been checked.
One of those "trust" from both parties I guess…..lol.

Enjoy!

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 6

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>


**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as 
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any 
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept 
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to 
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be 
requested. 

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>