Ok, thanks Ronni. Just to confirm for other users out there, a simple update to 
iOS 8.0.2 on the devices made them hook up wirelessly to iTunes immediately 
once awoken.

I think Apple must have noted this after release of the iOS. It’s a shame it 
wasn’t just right at the time of release - as I used to have faith that Apple 
would get this sorted in the development phase. I suppose to coincide with the 
iPhone 6 release there were business pressures to get the iOS in place and lots 
of things to coordinate all at once - even the multi billion $$$ organisation 
like Apple isn’t perfect.

Regards

Pete.



On 6 Oct 2014, at 1:53 pm, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> 
> I would suggest you do the update iOS 8.0.2. Backup your devices first though.
> 
> iPhone WiFi sync with iTunes not working: 
> Using the USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer you want to sync 
> with. Let the iPhone sync.
>  
> In the left-hand pane, click on your iPhone under Devices.
>  
> Select the Summary tab along the top of the screen.
>  
> Under Options, is the checkbox for 'Sync with this Phone over Wi-Fi' checked? 
> If not, check it and click Apply.
>  
> If it was already checked, do the following:
> Uncheck it
> Click Apply
> Disconnect the iPhone from the computer
> Plug the iPhone into the computer again
> Check the Sync over Wi-Fi checkbox
> Click Apply
> Disconnect the iPhone from the computer
>  
> Now go under Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync and see if you can sync 
> wirelessly.
> 
> If you still are unable to sync wirelessly
> ---
> Fix for Wi-Fi Syncing & Wireless iOS Devices Not Showing Up in iTunes:
> 
> The solution for wireless syncing not working and devices not showing up is 
> almost always just to kill the Apple Mobile Device Helper process in OS X.
> 
> Launch “Activity Monitor” (found in /Applications/Utilities/)
> Use the search box in the upper right corner and search for 
> “AppleMobileDeviceHelper”
> Select that process and then click the red “Quit Process” button (well its 
> not Red anymore just a 'grey X button'
> Confirm the process is to be Quit
> Leave Activity Monitor and then relaunch iTunes
> 
> Relaunching iTunes should cause the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPad Mini, 
> whatever it is, to immediately appear in the Devices list of the iTunes 
> sidebar, or in the titlebar if the sidebar is hidden.
> 
> If you are still unable to sync wirelessly post back.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
> 2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD
> 
> OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
> 
> 
> On 6 Oct 2014, at 12:57 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> 
>> A while back I had an issue where neither my iPhone nor my iPad would be 
>> recognised by iTunes wirelessly for synching where previously this had been 
>> set up very simply. It was a fair while back but I think I corrected it by 
>> doing a Restore. I did the update to iOS 8.0 a couple of weeks back just 
>> before a trip to teh Eastern states and returned yesterday but just noticed 
>> that neither device is acknowledged by iTunes again. I see also in the mean 
>> time another update  to iOS 8.0.2 is available and perhaps doing that update 
>> will resolve this connectivity issue. Or else I am probably needing to do 
>> another Restore on each device. 
>> 
>> I have confirmed the "synch over wifi" box is ticked for each device. I even 
>> unticked, Apply, then reticked to no avail.
>> 
>> It seems I am not alone either - others are reporting this is an iOS 8 
>> caused issue.  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6542501
>> 
>> 
>> Does anyone have this issue?
>> 
>> Regards
>> 
>> Pete...
>> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>