Hi Stephen,

Probably a  photo recovery software 'trial' you downloaded back around 26/27 
August 
Re your email request to WAMUG -Re: Recovering photos from an SD card ?

Daniel suggested you use Picture Rescue 2 by Prosoft which you eventually did 
and recovered all your photos form the SD card.

Cheers,
Ronni

Sent from Ronni's iPad4


> On 12 Nov 2014, at 9:58 am, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi folks,
> 
> I discovered this morning a file in my downloads folder that I do not recall 
> downloading.
> From memory (sorry I eventually deleted it without writing it down), it was 
> “mac-card-restore-trial.dmg”
> I had a difficult time deleting it, but eventually once I dragged to desktop 
> and re-started my iMac it deleted.
> Really strange though, because initially right clicking it would not even 
> bring up a menu to delete.
> 
> I have iMac Core i7 3.1GHz with 16GB RAM.
> December 2012 model.
> 
> Has anyone come across this file before please ?
> 
> Regards,
> Stephen Chape
> 
> Mac by choice
> Windows because my employer knew no better
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>