Thanks Ronni, this one fixed it.  In fact I picked it up in a second search on 
the internet  after posting my query.  I now have not only my normal fonts but 
a huge array of others, courtesy of Creative Cloud I guess.  
Severin

> On 15 Nov 2014, at 7:10 pm, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi  Severin,
> 
> Do you have the latest update - Photoshop CC 2014.2.1?
> <http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html 
> <http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html>>
> 
> Have you tried turning 'Font Preview' OFF in Photoshop's Preferences?
> 
> 1. Choose Type > Font Preview Size
> 2. Select None.
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
> 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
> 
> 
>> On 15 Nov 2014, at 5:14 pm, Severin Crisp <[email protected] 
>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>> 
>> I discover that Photoshop Cc 2014 has a font problem.  Only a few fonts are 
>> available and the drop down menu is frozen.  I believe this has happened 
>> since the upgrade to Yosemite and can not find any internet.  Rest of 
>> Photoshop seems fine, this is the first time I have gone to text.
>> Has anyone else encountered this?   The full font list is fine in Word and 
>> TextEdit.   
>> Severin Crisp
>> ____________________________________________________
>> 
>>              Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
>> 15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
>>                   ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
>>                            mail to: [email protected] 
>> <mailto:[email protected]>
>> ____________________________________________________
>> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

____________________________________________________

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: [email protected]
____________________________________________________



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>