For no apparent reason, suddenly Mail on my Mac is not connecting to the wifi.
I can't send or receive anything. This letter is being written on the iPad.

The wifi is working properly: the iPad and my husband's laptop have no
difficulty with it. There are apps on the iPad that interact with the Mac by
wifi and they function normally. So it must be something within Mail.

In Mail, the 3 POP email accounts are shown as off-line, with exclamation
marks, and they cannot be put back on-line. In the Mailbox menu, I can toggle
back and forth between the on and off setting, but nothing happens. None of the
account settings have changed.

Mail Connection Doctor says Mail is able to connect to the Internet and
Connection Status is green, the 3 email accounts all have red status, and I
should check account data. I glanced at the Logs. The most recent
SocketStreamEvents Log says ERROR: Connecting failed for socket: 0x618000b75e0:
Error: Domain=NSPOSIXError Domain Code=60 "The operation couldn't be completed.
Operation timed out." Also "Unscheduled streams from run loop waiting for open
-- socket: " and much more. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means.

Mac Pro 2013
running OS 10.10

Help, please?
Pat