Hi Ken

Logitech have a good range and I use their C920 from time to time.  I borrow it 
from my stay at home gaming son to use for Skyping his world travelling brother.
http://www.logitech.com/en-au/webcam-communications/webcams 
<http://www.logitech.com/en-au/webcam-communications/webcams>

Which one is chosen depends on how much quality you want from the video, and 
sound. The 1080 HD camera in the C920 is certainly magnificent and viewers say 
they can read the numbers easily on a clock behind me, 6 metres away, plus have 
me in focus. 

Cheaper options are available but I do recommend  make sure they spend enough 
to get sound input as well as video input. I imagine that as long as what you 
buy has a USB input, then it will work with the Mac Mini.    Things such as 
auto focus are handy too. 

Cheers

Tim




> On 5 Dec 2014, at 2:03 pm, Ken Jackson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi folks,
> I have a pensioner friend who has a Mac Mini (thanks Susan) & an ordinary 
> monitor but he wants to use a camera for Skype etc.
> Can't recall if the MM has a Firewire or not but could anyone suggest a 
> camera that will run on Mountain Lion please?
> If anyone has one to sell I'd be happy to look at that.
> 
> -- 
> 
> Thanks & regards,
> 
>  
> Ken Jackson
> 
> 
> 
> 
>   
> EMAIL ETIQUETTE: When forwarding this email, please have the courtesy to 
> respect the privacy and confidentiality of the sender by deleting all 
> previous email trails and addresses before you use BCC to forward this email 
> to others.
> 
> 
> Tel: 08 9376 1680 | Mobile: 0450 400 772
> [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> |
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>