Hi Peter,

> On 30 Dec 2014, at 8:55 pm, Peter Curtis <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi alle 
> I’m in the process of installing Bootcamp to run a couple of programs that 
> are Windoze only. I can’t seem to find out if I have a choice (or for that 
> matter which drive) Bootcamp installs on. Does it install on the 256gig flash 
> drive in the MacBookPro? or the other normal drive? Or do I have a choice? If 
> there is no choice and it installs on the flash drive, does it take up much 
> of the room?

A) You need at least 30GB of Free Disk Space on your Startup Drive
B) For Windows 8 the Partition should be 'at least' 30GB
And you 'can't resize the partition after installing Windows'
C) The Drive you're partitioning must be the Internal Drive
D) On a Mac 'Fusion Drive' - The Windows partition is created on the Disk Drive 
instead of the Flash Drive (SSD)

You will find all the information you need at this link:
<http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/>

Cheers,
Ronni

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

> Kind regards
> Peter

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
  • Bootcamp Peter Curtis
    • Re: Bootcamp Ronni Brown