Hello Muggers

I have an interesting problem which someone might recognise and be able to
explain. It is a version of a web page hack, but with specific symptoms. It
involves an environmental organisation called Greenskills - we do their web
page support for them.

They own several domains, in particular greenskills.org.au and ecojobs.org.au.
Ecojobs.org.au is being phased out so if you point a browser at it a page is
displayed which immediately redirects to an "ecojobs" page on the main site. Or
at least this is what happens if you enter the URL www.ecojobs.org.au/. With
this format you rely on the default HTML file name, which in this case is
index.html, as is standard for most sites.

However if you enter www.ecojobs.org.au/index.html, you get a flashy page which
wants you to sign up for what I suspect is a pyramid selling scheme. The html
source is for this flashy page, it has not done a redirect and the ecojobs URL
is the one displayed in the window at the top of the browser.

The nameservers for ecojobs.org.au have not been corrupted - they point to the
correct place.

A search of the net has, surprisingly, shown no pertinent information about
this scam. The source code has some links in the header which suggest that
someone in the Ivory Coast might be behind it. The source code does not appear
to have any actual nasties in it; ie. any code or links which look like they
might be trying to download a virus or something along those lines.

Has anyone got any insights into this? In particular at what point in the
process of retrieving the web page does the "switch" occur?

I have informed the hosting company which Greenskills use but so far have no
comment from them.

Thanks

Geoff