Sorry Philippe,
I apologize as I typed the incorrect WAMUG member name :(

Sent from Ronni's iPad4


> On 27 Jan 2015, at 8:43 am, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Stephen,
> 
> My comment in Situ below
> 
>>> On 27 Jan 2015, at 7:11 am, Peter Hinchliffe <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 26 Jan 2015, at 1:19 pm, Philippe Chaperon <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Good afternoon dear WAMUG’ers, 
>>> 
>>> I have noticed an item in my Login Items in the System Preferences which I 
>>> have not noticed in the past: 
>>> 
>>> cdesc-ITunesOwner.yaml
>>> 
>>> I am running an iMac 27”, 2.93 GHz i7, 20GB 1333 MHz DDR3 OS X Yosemite v 
>>> 10.10.1
>>> 
>>> Is this something safe? A search on Google takes me to all sorts of sites 
>>> which provide downloads for files but no explanation of what that item 
>>> (application ??) is. 
>>> 
>> 
>> From what information there is out there, it seems to be tied up with a Ruby 
>> RSS library. It’s difficult to tell how you ended up with it, but it’s 
>> clearly been put there by something you’ve installed or at least downloaded 
>> and examined.
>> 
>> Not to sound too trite, but there are two possibilities: either it’s 
>> important or it’s not (most likely scenario). If it’s not important then 
>> deleting it will have no effect. If it is important it will most likely be 
>> recreated when necessary but the software that put it there in the first 
>> place.
> 
> What is the Path of the cdesc-ITunesOwner.yaml Item in Login Items? It should 
> give you a clue as to what it pertains to.
> 
> In Login Items - Hold your cursor over the "cdesc-ITunesOwner.yaml"  for a 
> few seconds and you will see the Path.
> For example: Item - DDAssist   - the Path is /Applications/Drobo 
> Dashboard.app/Containers/DDAssist.app
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
> 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
> 
> OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
> 
> 
>> 
>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
>> Perth, Western Australia
>> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>