Oh my goodness, thank you so much Ronni, for the amount of trouble that you have gone to. I haven’t been able to get back to the Computer re: Audacity and the L.P’s. Other things have taken precedence, but I will certainly check it out. The other problem that I have is of course the download speed, it is horrendous here. I normally take my equipment up to Perth so that I can download all of the updates etc.34 minutes against 34 Hours???? so I may have to wait until my next trip.
Thank you Ronni, as soon as I can I will return to Audacity and let you know when I am successful, I have approximately 250 L.P’s and about 100 45’s, so I will be busy, but the listening part is the reward, some of this music is extremely hard to get hold of now, and to me is priceless. Kindest Regards Tony BODDINGTON. > On 31 Jan 2015, at 11:19 pm, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi Tony, > > Audio Hijack 3 has been released and its new Sessions Templates is much > easier. > Choose a Template and Audio Hijack 3 will open a new session, pre-configured. > Choose "Record Player" to record analogue records. > > There is a 45-second video overview to get you acquainted. > > Audio Hijack 3.0.1 > Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack 3.0.1 > <http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/>, a follow-up to the recent major > update to the popular audio recording utility. > > /Quote: > Of course, Audio Hijack is made to get things done. With that in mind, the > new Session templates provide a quick way to complete common tasks. Whether > it’s recording from a web browser or cranking up the volume on a quiet > laptop, you’ll be able to get started faster than ever. Choose a template and > Audio Hijack will open a new Session, pre-configured. > /End Quote: > <http://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2015/01/20/audio-hijack-3-has-arrived/ > <http://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2015/01/20/audio-hijack-3-has-arrived/>> > > <http://www.macworld.com/article/2871689/audio-hijack-3s-improved-interface-makes-capturing-audio-a-breeze.html > > <http://www.macworld.com/article/2871689/audio-hijack-3s-improved-interface-makes-capturing-audio-a-breeze.html>> > /quote: > If you were a person not accustomed to capturing audio you could be forgiven > for launching previous versions of Audio Hijack and thinking “Now what do I > do?” > The app offered a lot of power under the hood, but the way forward wasn’t > always clear. > This should no longer be a problem as Audio Hijack 3 includes a template > chooser. Just create a new session and you can choose the kind of task you’d > like to perform—pull audio from an application, record audio from a DVD, jack > your Mac’s audio beyond its normal limits, record from an input device such > as a microphone or audio interface, create a podcast, digitize an LP, improve > existing audio, capture your Mac’s audio, record VOIP conversations, or grab > audio from a web browser. Just select the task you’d like and click Choose. > /End Quote > > Cheers, > Ronni > > Sent from Ronni's iPad4 > > > On 28 Jan 2015, at 12:50 pm, Anthony (Tony) Francis <[email protected] > <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: > >> Thank you Ronni >> You are probably correct, I have missed something or haven’t downloaded >> Audacity properly, so with the information that you have provided I will try >> again later. I’ll uninstall Audacity and then reload it. >> Thank you again Ronni for your help, what would we do without you?? >> >> All the best, kindest regards >> >> Tony >> >> BODDINGTON >> >>> On 28 Jan 2015, at 10:15 am, Ronni Brown <[email protected] >>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>> >>> Hi Tony, >>> >>> I think most WAMUG members who did convert some of their Vinyl Records to >>> Digital (like me) did so years ago ;-) >>> >>> Are you using the latest version of Audacity - v 2.0.6? I think perhaps >>> you don’t have Audacity set up correctly. >>> Also need to check Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup >>> >>> The Manual is here: >>> <http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/ <http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/>> >>> >>> Mac OS X - You should find this helpful >>> <http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X >>> <http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X>> >>> >>> Download v2.0.6 here: >>> <http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac >>> <http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac>> >>> >>> Ok I won’t be able to help you anymore today, but other members might be >>> able to. >>> >>> Cheers, >>> Ronni >>> >>>> On 28 Jan 2015, at 9:38 am, Anthony (Tony) Francis <[email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi Ronni >>>> You are very naughty!! But thank you. The record player is a "Base", the >>>> program is "Audacity". I followed your instructions Ronni and had the >>>> sound coming in, I couldn't hear it through the Computer's speakers, but >>>> the sound was registering. I will play with the Computer later on today >>>> and see if I can find out through Audacity on line on problem solving. >>>> Thank you again Ronni, I guess that I am the only one of the WAMUG group >>>> that is trying to upload a music collection. >>>> Again my thanks Ronni. >>>> Take care, stay safe, >>>> Love as always >>>> Tony xoxo >>>> >>>> Tony: Sent from my iPhone. >>>> >>>> On 28 Jan 2015, at 00:25, Ronda Brown <[email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>> >>>>> Sorry Tony, >>>>> >>>>> I need some sleep :( >>>>> Desktop > Apple > System Preferences > Sound > Input. >>>>> >>>>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4 >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On 28 Jan 2015, at 12:13 am, Ronni Brown <[email protected] >>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Hi Tony, >>>>>> >>>>>> You don't mention what USB Record Player you are using. >>>>>> >>>>>> Audacity >>>>>> You may need to tell the Mac System where the turntable is. >>>>>> >>>>>> Desktop > Apple > System Preferences > Hardware > Sound > Input. >>>>>> See if the Turntable or USB device is selected there. >>>>>> Select it and play something. The blue ball sound meter should bounce. >>>>>> >>>>>> Close everything. Go back to Audacity and Audacity > Preferences > >>>>>> Devices > Recording. >>>>>> You may only get a generic fuzzy name instead of real name, but it will >>>>>> be different from all the other listings. >>>>>> >>>>>> Cheers, >>>>>> Ronni >>>>>> >>>>>> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014) >>>>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz >>>>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM >>>>>> 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage >>>>>> >>>>>> OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>>> On 27 Jan 2015, at 11:59 pm, Anthony (Tony) Francis >>>>>>> <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi Guy’s & Gals >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Would any of our members successfully uploaded Music from a Record >>>>>>> Player to their Mac’s?? I was given a Record player for Christmas that >>>>>>> I am supposed to be able to connect to my iMac via a USB cord. The >>>>>>> program is called Audacity. I have loaded the disc and transferred the >>>>>>> program to my Applications folder. I can have the record player playing >>>>>>> my music but for some reason the Record Player isn’t being recognised >>>>>>> by the iMac?? I have also tried Garage Band without success. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Any help would be appreciated guy’s, I have already spent many hours on >>>>>>> line and playing around with setting etc hoping to jag it. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Kind Regards >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Tony >>>>>>> >>>>>>> BODDINGTON > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Settings & Unsubscribe - > <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

