Hi

On 18/02/2015, at 3:19 PM, Michael Hawkins wrote:

> I have been sent by email a document which was saved on a Windows computer in
> .doc and in .docx formats.
> It is received on my computer as winmail.dat
>
> TNEF enough will not open the attachment.
>
> Any suggestions?

It is a Microsoft-only format and as you suggest is due to the sending mail
program being configured badly. A Google search for winmail.dat will provide
several links which explain what it is and why you get it. Try
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-winmaildat-attachment which has a
link to a Microsoft page covering the issue and what the sender can do about it.

Regards

Geoff