Hi Ronni,

I was surprised when this happen to me just a few days ago.
I got the eventual “low battery” warning for my Apple batteries in my mouse.
So I swapped them for the pair in my Apple charger.

The next day I happened to check something re the mouse in SP.
And I noticed that the battery charge was 45%.
I only put them in the day before.

However my battery set is about 3 years old.


> On 14 Mar 2015, at 3:57 pm, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Severin,
> 
> <https://www.apple.com/au/battery-charger/ 
> <https://www.apple.com/au/battery-charger/>>
> For $45 - Free Shipping
> "Each Apple Battery Charger comes with six high-performance AA NiMH batteries 
> — two for your keyboard, two for your mouse or trackpad, and two for 
> charging. Unlike many other reusable batteries, these batteries have an 
> incredibly long service life — up to 10 years. Which means you can finally 
> break the cycle of buying and disposing of those toxic, single-use alkaline 
> batteries. The batteries that come with the Apple Battery Charger kit also 
> have an extraordinarily low self-discharge rate. Even after a year of sitting 
> in a drawer, they still retain 80 per cent of their original charge3. That 
> way you always have backup power when you need it."
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
> 
> 
> On 14 Mar 2015, at 3:34 pm, Severin Crisp <[email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
> 
>> After a long life, the rechargeable Apple batteries that power two mice and 
>> a keyboard are ageing with noticeably shortened lives after recharge.  Apple 
>> store (T4) do not carry them and suggest normal supermarket source.  There 
>> is a wide variety of rechargeables to be seen.  
>> Does any one have any favourites?   I have not tried to figure the 
>> alternative of a large pack of use once and throwaways.  
>> Severin Crisp
>> ____________________________________________________
>> 
>>              Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
>> 15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
>>                   ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
>>                            mail to: [email protected] 
>> <mailto:[email protected]>
>> ____________________________________________________
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml 
>> <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml 
>> <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>


Regards,
Stephen Chape






-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>