Hi Brian,

You have connected Ethernet LAN (from ADSL Modem) to the WAN port on Airport
Time Capsule?

You have only been connecting to the 2.5GHz Wi-Fi network not 5GHz band.
You have some settings incorrect or not set in your Network.
Did you drag the 5GHz Bond Network to the top in preferred networks?

If you don't have a name for the 5GHz channel of your dual-band network...
When you can get the TC Dual-Band Base station Network to show in Airport
Utility, click the base station - then click Edit - then under Wireless - click
Wireless Options button - select '5GHz network name: add 5GHz to the Network
name eg. Bond 5GHz

I also would be changing the 5GHz Network channel to Automatic or 149
Click Save after making the changes, then Click Update
You will receive this warning:
"The device and its network services will be temporary unavailable. Are you
sure you want to continue?"
Click continue and your base station will restart. After it completes the
restart - You might need to select "Pond 5GHz" under the Wi-Fi symbol (in menu
bar)

If you still have problems we will need to go through all your Network settings.
ADSL modem settings and Network settings on Mac & Airport Utility.
Or start from scratch and setup a New Airport Dual-Band Network.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4

> [...]
>>
>> Still 10 minutes or so to connect, after waking from sleep or changing
>> locations.
>> Network diagnostics gives green lights for WiFi, Wifi Settings, Network
>> settings, ISP,
>> But
>> Internet and server amber then red.
>> after making an initial connection, after 10 minutes, it will immediately
>> drop out and but reconnect more promptly.
>>
>> Shutting down the computer or switching WiFi on and off didn’t help either.
>> I do have a very long list of Preferred Networks, including a dozen Belkin
>> WeMo switches. Could it be these being checked individually that causes the
>> slowdown?
>>
>> I also ‘fiddled' with Keychains, oops, now get constant requests from
>> Calendar, Mail and Connect for passwords, anyway to set these to ‘Trust"?
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> On 16 May 2015, at 9:42 am, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> Just a very quick reply that might help.
>> Restart the computer in safe mode. Certain caches maintained by the system
>> will be rebuilt.
>> Safe mode is much slower to start up than normal.
>> The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.
>> When the login screen appears, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and test.
>> There's no need to log in while in safe mode.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>>
>>> On 16 May 2015, at 8:20 am, Brian Risbey <risb...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ronni,
>>> thank you for your detailed instructions.
>>> I have gone through your removal of Pref files and no change.
>>> followed your instructions, connecting quicker now but still not working
>>> 100%,
>>>  and a new message:
>>>
>>> Unapproved caller.
>>> SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software.
>>>

>>> Brian
>>>

>>> On 11 May 2015, at 9:09 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Brian & Daniel,
>>>
>>> I had to rush out to an appointment after my first reply & have just
>>> arrived back home.

>>> Hi Daniel,  I think I posted this to the WAMUG List some time back, or
>>> mentioned it to you at some time when a client had a similar problem.
>>>
>>> Fix Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite
>>>
>>> 1: Remove Network Configuration & Preference Files
>>>
>>> Manually trashing the network plist files is a recommended troubleshooting.
>>> This is one of those tricks that consistently resolves even the most
>>> stubborn wireless problems on Macs of nearly any OS X version.
>>> This is particularly effective for Macs who updated to Yosemite that may
>>> have a corrupt or dysfunctional preference file mucking things up:
>>>
>>> 1. Turn Off Wi-Fi from the Wireless menu item
>>>
>>> 2. From the OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+G and enter the following path:
>>>     /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
>>>
>>> 3. Within this folder locate and select the following files:
>>> com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
>>> com.apple.eapolclient.plist
>>> com.apple.IPConfiguration.control.plist
>>> com.apple.nat.plist
>>> com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
>>> com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
>>> NetworkInterfaces.plist
>>> preferences.plist
>>> —
>>>
>>> 4. Move all of these files into a folder on your Desktop called ‘wifi
>>> backups’ or something similar – we’re backing these up just in case you
>>> break something but if you regularly backup your Mac you can just delete
>>> the files instead since you could restore from Time Machine if need be.
>>>
>>> 5. Reboot the Mac
>>>
>>> 6. Turn ON WI-Fi from the wireless network menu again
>>>
>>> This forces OS X to recreate all network configuration files. This alone
>>> may resolve your problems, but if you’re continuing to have trouble follow
>>> the second step which means using some custom network settings.
>>>
>>> If the Second Step is required I’ll post it...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni
>>>
>>> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM