Hi Michael,

Something is not set correctly...
Are you sure you have these settings set to OFF  'Gray' on all your iDevices?

1. Open Settings
2. Tap on iTunes & App Store
3. Under the section titled 'Automatic Downloads' you'll see Items - Music,
Apps, Books, and Updates (I have all these items OFF - Gray)

4. Tap on each toggle switch you want to turn OFF so that it goes from Green to
Gray.

Also make sure you have the setting "Use Cellular Data" OFF (gray)
That is the settings I have and the iOS 8.4 is only showing as available to
"download & install" in Settings > General - Software Update

Sent from Ronni's iPad4