Hmmm,

Having recently travelled overseas when we just bought local SIM cards and
changed them out as we moved ­ how could two-factor verification work in
this scenario. If my ³trusted device² is associated with a particular
trusted phone number, it will be uncontactable when the SIM is changed. If I
can just sign-in to my account via the new SIM, then it might work ­ but
wouldn¹t that just be one-factor verification.

Also if, say, my iPhone is lost or stolen ­ will find my phone still work
with a different SIM in it and let me ³wipe it² - that would be good ­ but
then am I locked out of my MacBook if my trusted device/trusted phone number
are gone ­ that would leave me totally cut-off and would be bad.

Or am I missing something obvious here?

It seems to me that the fingerprint ID provides a more foolproof security
measure ­ but no doubt has its own problems - what happens when you pick up
that red-hot bit of metal and singe off your fingerprint  ;o)

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton