No mystery at all.  Telstra offered me a “free” notebook computer some years
ago. I did not accept  the notebook, but in the package that came ( modem,
phone,T box etc) was a sim card.  And I still argue with them about the charges
they have made for something I never used.

The SIM card was snipped in two and thrown in the re-cycling bin

Bill
> On 28 Oct 2015, at 08:32, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> I too have been trying to figure why a Mac of any kind would use a SIM card.
> I understood SIM cards are for operation of mobile phones.
> I thought for a while I was learning something new !
>
>> On 28 Oct 2015, at 7:59 AM, Peter Hinchliffe <hinch...@multiline.com.au
>> <mailto:hinch...@multiline.com.au>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 27 Oct 2015, at 10:13 am, Anthony (Tony) Francis <antne...@mac.com
>>> <mailto:antne...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Ronni
>>>
>>> I am beginning to get a little tired of waiting in queues to talk to a
>>> Telstra Employee, being assured that the information given will end our
>>> frustration with WIFI and DATA download, and then having to return again
>>> because we still have a problem, for us to travel it’s a 4 hour return trip.
>>
>> Let's get some clarification here:
>>
>> By “Laptop” do you mean iPad?
>>
>> By “simcard” do you mean SD Card?
>>
>> Macbooks cannot use sim cards. Any attempt to so so can lead to serious
>> damage. Same thing if you try to insert an SD card into an iPad...
>>
>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
>> Perth, Western Australia
>> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
>

> Regards,
> Stephen Chape

Dr Bill Parker
ren...@westnet.com.au