Hi Pete,

I¹m not a user of Photos or iPhoto ­ so these are just my ³thoughts² rather
than experience ;o)

I think it is as Tim says and I would imagine that the difference is because
Find my iPhone is based on devices, not users ­ ie you could have multiple
iPhones and iPads and it should show them all as different devices (if set
up to do that) because it is looking at the hardware ID.

Comments etc are considered as input by users, ie by user ID, so you can put
input in by iphone or ipad and it still knows its ³you² as the device is
signed into your account. Anyone else signed in using the same ID is
considered as ³you².

It should work the other way ­ eg if you shared an ipad, say, and logged in
as you ­ the comment would show as from you. If you then signed out and
someone else signed in with their (different) Apple ID, the comment would
show as from them ­ even though they both come from the same actual device.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton