> On 1 Dec 2015, at 10:25 PM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> I completely agree with Susan and Tim!
> There is no fact or credibility in that 'advertising' article.
> Like Tim I had also checked out Ryan Boutland - no credibility whatsoever.
>
> If this is the level of article that "Your Life Choices" is putting out to
> Seniors, I am concerned.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Ronni
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4

Yes, this is classic scaremongering in its purest form. Yes, it is true that
the amount of malware has increased over the past few years. It is also true
that it is present in such small amounts that contracting any of it is very
rare, and always depends on the user taking a conscious decision to allow it
onto their system. Admittedly, such a user is usually an unwitting victim in
this, since the traps and devices used by the spreader of this stuff are
becoming more and more ingenious, but the time honoured advice of not clicking
suspicious links to software or unknown websites holds true now more than ever.

It is additionally true that, despite what the “article” claims, there are
still no viruses on the Mac, and this is after 15 years of running OS X. A true
virus is one which lands on your computer through some "back door” and works
its nastiness at a very basic system level. No such gremlin exists, and Apple
is working hard to make sure it never does through technologies like
Gatekeeper. Certainly, sending your hard-earned money to a company like Avira
will not help one iota.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948