Hi Alan,

Without viewing the complete EtreCheck report or the Logs you mention its
difficult to comment.
You mentioned you “Tried Firefox”… was this happening in Firefox as well as
Safari? Your subject only mentions Safari.

I still feel you possibly have some 3rd party add-on or plugin installed on
your iMac that is causing issues.
You don’t have Java activated do you?

Anyway - Try this first:

1. Quit Safari
2. Go to Folder : copy & paste this:
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db
3. Then delete   Cache.db
4. Empty the Trash
5. Open Safari and test

> On 2 Dec 2015, at 10:20 AM, Alan Smith <sma...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Ronni
>
> Problem evident again this morning.  Ran EtreCheck during the Safari “hang”
> period, and again after I cancelled the Apple loading.  No problems indicated
> at all in the EtreCheck reports (and no change from the “base” EntreCheck
> reports I had ran earlier).
>
> Analysis of system log messages may point to the problem area, but as that
> well known Mac advisor Will Shakespeare said, “that way madness lies”.  There
> are a lot of log entries (all generated by the iMac) between OK at 10:00 pm
> Tuesday and NOK at 6:30 am Wednesday!
>
> Cheers
> Alan
>
>> On 30 Nov 2015, at 5:06 PM, Alan Smith <sma...@iinet.net.au
>> <mailto:sma...@iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ronni
>>
>> Thanks for the link.  Nothing seriously untoward revealed by EtreCheck just
>> now.  I will run it again next time Safari hangs (probably tomorrow!).
>>
>> Cheers
>> Alan
>>
>>> On 30 Nov 2015, at 3:17 PM, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com
>>> <mailto:ro...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alan,
>>>
>>> You probably have 3rd party software installed that is causing the problem.
>>>
>>> Run EtreCheck
>>> http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck <http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck>
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni
>>>
>>> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM