Hi Bill,

When you link the iPhone to your Mac iTunes should open automatically. If not,
open it manually. I can’t really give you a step by step process as Ronni does,
but you should be able to find a tab for the iPhone and messages about whether
to restore the iPhone or set it up as a new one. Maybe give that a try and see
what happens.

The iPhone can only be linked to one computer for backups, etc. I’m not sure if
using a backup of the phone would be a good idea as if the iPhone is corrupted
the backup may just restore the problems back onto the iPhone.

Is there anything on the iPhone that would be a problems to lose? Do you have a
list of your Contacts on the computer?

A LandRover might be even better for running over the iPhone than a
Landcruiser, if all else fails.

cheers, Susan