Hi Diana, you may have Mail and Safari switched off in your data settings. It's
a way of saving your data to be able to switch apps off and on for using the
data SIM card. It doesn't affect other devices logged on to your wireless
hotspot. Clearly the SIM is working or you couldn't be using it successfully as
a hotspot.

Go to Settings, click on Mobile Data and scroll down. You will see a list of
apps and can toggle them off or on to suit your needs. Check if Mail and Safari
are switched on.

Cheers, Susan.

Sent from my iPad