When I add video files to the iTunes library (and to edit tags) the iTunes app
preselects both the video and artwork folders.  However the preselected folders
are wrong in each case so I need to do extra navigation to finish the editing.

How can I force iTunes to display the actual folders I use?

I have an iMac with OS X 10.11.3 and iTunes ver 12.3.2.

I export EyeTV recordings in .m4v format for later viewing in AppleTV.  I also
take a .jpg snapshot of a video frame for use as artwork in iTunes.  Both files
are written to a Desktop “video” folder which is excluded from Time Machine
backups.  I then copy the video file to its permanent home on an external USB3
hard drive.  The files in the Desktop video folder are deleted after they are
linked to iTunes and checked.

To “Add to Library” iTunes defaults to Desktop: I would like it to display the
External HDD contents.

To “Add Artwork” iTunes defaults to ~/Pictures: I would like it to display the
Desktop video folder contents.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Smith
  Late 2012 iMac 27" Intel Quad Core i5  Fusion 3.2GHz 8G RAM - OSX 10.11.3 El
Capitan