Hi Rod

They can vary. I’ve got one that’s about 5 years old and it’s still going
strong. But does vary.
Have you tried doing a hard reset on it? (plug it in via Ethernet and access it
that way and then do a full restore on it).

Some routers will only work with printers etc, so not every model will “share”
a Hard Drive, but in theory yes this should work (depending on model).
Best way is to look up the model and see, or the old “try it and see” :)

Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 6

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.