Thanks Ronni
I’d already cancelled the delete and tried again, this time it came up with the
fact Pictures can’t be deleted. It definitely didn’t do that the first time.
I’m now transferring the contents from Time Machine one by one
(apparently/hopefully successfully) although why Time Machine didn’t replace
the contents of Pictures the first time, I don’t know!
Hopefully all will be well.
Kind regards
Peter