Hi Diana I’ve got a client with the SC-P600 (from memory) and he’s very happy with it. They are quite a good printer. I supplied that model to another client as well. I still find the Epson range very good. So although I haven’t had any personal experience myself directly, I know a couple people with them that are happy with them.
The WiFI printing works well, and you can connect the printer direct to the modem with Ethernet as well. This can sometimes be a bit more reliable. (You may be able to still print to it from the G4 via Print Sharing or similar,…but without drivers for the older OS, it may be a little more difficult). Java to install for CS4 on the 10.8.5 machine isn’t too bad. I’ve done it for a few clients using the Apple link and it was pretty easy. (as another option). Hope that info helps. Kind regards Daniel Sent from my iPhone 7 --- Daniel Kerr MacWizardry Phone: 0414 795 960 Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au> Web: <http://www.macwizardry.com.au> **For everything Apple** NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be requested. > On 18 Feb 2017, at 5:17 pm, Diana & Graham Stevens <[email protected]> > wrote: > > My Epson Stylus Photo 2100 has given up and I would like to replace it. There > are so many possibilities it is hard to chose, if anyone can suggest a > suitable replacement I would be grateful. The Epson SureColor SC-P405 looks > about equivalent, does anyone have experience with this model? > > My choice is complicated by the fact that the 2100 has been attached to my > old G4 Quicksilver on which I run Adobe CS1 in OS 10.3. This is quite > adequate for my requirements. There are of course no Printer Drivers for > ancient OS so the new Printer will not be connected to the G4. I expect it > will be connected to the Network via WiFi and all our computers will be able > to access it (including the G4 which is connected via Ethernet). > > Otherwise I shall need to do something about Photoshop and my usage is not > regular enough to justify a monthly subscription. Photoshop Elements does not > do enough. I did buy a second-hand copy of CS3 to run on my MacBook Pro (OS > 10.8.5) but it requires Java which I have been loth to install. > > I had just purchased a new set of the 7 ink cartridges. If anyone would like > them for free I shall retrieve them from Well Connected. I had hoped it was > just the switch which was faulty so I wasted $150 on a diagnosis (mother > board). It is possible one may be available but it will cost as much as a new > printer and no warranty. > > Before I abandon the repair path I would like reassurance that a WiFi > connected Network Printer will work. If any one has comments on any of this > please let me know. > > Best wishes to all from Diana > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Settings & Unsubscribe - > <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

