Good afternoon

One of my family clicked on a link this afternoon in Facebook that opened a
page looking genuine Apple and a 30 second voice message came on telling her
that if she shut the page before phoning 02 80172600 then more of her secret
records would be shared to the internet, plus other dire consequences.

Common sense told me it was probably a hoax, and
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7967043?start=0&tstart=0 confirms it.

I couldn't quit Safari, so went to the Apple menu and selected Force Quit
Safari instead, restarted the computer and reopened Safari whilst holding the
shift key which cleared the history.

All Back to normal now, but it's quite a demanding and annoying hoax that is
likely to fool some.

I hope none of WAMUG get caught, or overly concerned.

Regards
Tim

Sent from Tim's iPhone