> On 9 Aug 2017, at 11:14 am, Allen <all...@amnet.net.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Ronnie
>
> The Sierra Installer did not present the "All your files in iCloud " screen
> so I didn't get a chance to deselect it.  On my account System Preferences
> shows shows iCloud Drive unticked which is fine. When I logged onto my wife's
> account System Preferences has iCloud Drive ticked which is what I was trying
> to avoid.
>
> I have unticked the iCloud Drive box and have been given 3 choices and a
> warning documents stored on the iCloud will be removed from this Mac
>
> -Keep a copy
> -cancel
> -Remove from Mac
>
> I haven't chosen any of these yet as I am unsure what to do next. Will some
> of Carolyn's files already been removed from the Mac and if so how do I get
> them back?
>
> I'd appreciate some advice on what to do next please
>
> Cheers Allen

Hi Allen,

At the end of the installation of Sierra and your Mac restarts in Sierra, you
are finishing through the Setup Assistant, and signing in with Apple ID /iCloud
ID
If you’ve already signed in to your iCloud account by this point in the
installation, Sierra asks if you want it to store all the files from your
Documents and Desktop folders in iCloud Drive; it tells you how much storage
this will require at this time and whether you’ll need to upgrade your iCloud
storage plan to accommodate that data.

What were you told, how much storage this will require and whether you’ll need
to upgrade your iCloud storage plan?

In System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Options, did you deselect both
‘Desktop & Documents Folders’ at the top of the list and the ‘Optimize Mac
Storage’ checkbox at the bottom?

Are all your wife’s desktop files still sitting on her Desktop?
Are all her Documents still in her Documents Folder?
In her Finder Window under Favourites the Left Side column - Is there a ‘iCloud
Drive’ icon?

Now depending if your wife’s files are in the process of being uploaded to
iCloud Drive or not I need your reply to my above questions before I can
further advise you how to correct the situation.

Cheers,
Ronni