Thank you Ronni.

Brian Risbey
OS11.0.1

On 3 Oct 2017, at 13:50, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

When you get a new computer from Apple, though, it has a specific version of
macOS installed on it, and further, a hardware-specific "build". Your new
Macintosh cannot boot from the older version and build of macOS that is
installed on your older Mac, so simply cloning your old Mac onto your new Mac
won't work.

Due to this limitation, Carbon Copy Cloner recommend that you use the Setup
Assistant application (runs on your new Mac's very first boot)

Once you have migrated your user accounts and applications using Setup
Assistant or Migration Assistant, you can continue to use Carbon Copy Cloner to
back up your Mac to the same backup volume that you were using for the old Mac.

Use Setup Assistant to move data from your older Mac to a new Mac.

Over Ethernet with an adapter Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
<https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204754>

The Latest MacBook Pro has 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports

About Thunderbolt adapters and cables:
<https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204154>

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS Sierra 10.12.6