Hi Stephen,

Yes, SuperDuper 2.9.2 does have issues, they have not updated yet to
compatibility with APFS.
They are apparently working on a Beta SuperDuper! 3.0.2 B2 which eventually
will be with APFS

For macOS, High Sierra automatically converts the system drive to APFS as part
of the installation process.

"New File System: HFS+ has been the organizing system behind our files and
folders since 1998, when Apple released Mac OS 8.1. As of High Sierra, Apple
replaces it with the Apple File System (APFS). Optimized for solid-state drive
storage, APFS promises to make common tasks, like duplicating files, much
faster. Apple also touts the new file system as having stronger encryption and
im- proved crash protection for your data.”

Only Macs that use solid state drives (SSD) exclusively will be converted to
the new file system.
The initial release of High Sierra does not support APFS on a Fusion drive,
which contains both a hard disk drive (HDD) and an SSD.

SuperDuper! website Shirt-Pocket website mention:
v2.9.2 now available!
The latest version of SuperDuper! is faster, better, compatible with macOS High
Sierra HFS+ volumes
<http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html>

Have no fear. SuperDuper v2.9.2 is here, and it includes High Sierra HFS+
support!
(For APFS, SuperDuper! 3.0 B2 is available see the the blog
<http://www.shirt-pocket.com/blog/index.php/comments/can_you_dig_it/>.)