My system is effective if rather complex with two tv recorders and the hifi
music as well.  They are all in a convenient cupboard while the TV is quite
separate on a table fairly close to us.  The cabling is interesting and of
course I have six handpieces, all of which are used!.   The sound from the
recorders (and Apple TV) go through a magic box which is needed - the sound
from our Panasonic recorders will not play via the Bose optical fibre channel,
a Panasonic quirk fixed by the magic box.   The AV sound is fine though
probably of lower quality and I was seeking the best.   The no go of the
optical fibre channel was hard nut to crack - flashing light was coming out the
end of the pipe but the Bose would not accept it though perfectly happy on AV
sound pair.
In a couple of weeks I have the joys of the NBN, though my current link is fine
and Netflix is faultless.
Best wishes
Severin

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
        Mob 0484 624 741   mail  to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
<mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>