Hi Daniel,

As you know I have always been very suspicious of anything Telstra “Offers -
Free”!
Don’t you just ‘adore’ this bit from Telstra under SECURITY…  (There is NO
SECURITY)!
To their credit (if I have to give Telstra any credit), they at least warn
users… if Users read all the documentation ;-)

/Begin Quote:
"How secure is the Telstra Air Network?
Providing a secure and easy Wi-Fi experience for customers is important to us.

Like most public Wi-Fi services, browsing sessions on Telstra Air are open with
the communication between a computing device and the wireless point
unencrypted. We recommend to customers that it’s okay to use the service for
general web browsing and for streaming content, however any activity that
requires a secure connection such as internet banking should be done via a
mobile or fixed broadband service.

If customers are wanting to share personal information when they're out and
about should consider:
        • Using a mobile network connection
        • Using a VPN app which in initiates the exclusive connection from the
computing device
        • Or checking that the site they would like to use has HTTPS to protect
their exchanged data before proceeding. HTTPS is in wide use on popular sites
such as Facebook which started offering it in 2011.
What customer information is collected when connected to a Telstra Air hotspot?
Once you are confirmed as a member of the Telstra Air network we don't monitor
your internet usage other than how much data you use from your Fixed Broadband
account.
/End Quote:

What a joke that last bit ‘Re ‘We don’t monitor your internet usage...'

I’m out of here after adding my 5c on the subject (only 5c as it was a short
reply) ;-))

Regards,
Ronni

>>> Walter