Hi Peter

Quick reply, as just walking into another job.
But basically - either a wireless type hard drive. If the Time Capsule works
but internal drive “fails” then you can use a USB drive plugged into it and
“ignore” internal drive and use external drive. (done this for a few clients).
A NAS can be used as a Time Machine backup - some specially say they’ll work
with it - e.g. Synology off top of head.
Just a few suggestions there.

I would imagine Time Capsule will keep going for a while. As it’s just a “box”
that keeps working. Only thing may be Airport Utility that stops being able to
work. But I don’t see that happening for many years to come. Apple will keep
parts for Time Capsule up to 5 years (as that’s legally how long they have to
support hardware - same as other manufacturers for parts of computer hardware).

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 7

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.