Hi Julie, it would help to know the size of your HD and how much of it you are
using for your applications and documents. Click on your HD icon and go to ‘get
info’ which will give you that information. Then post it here so that people
can offer practical solutions.

At least a tenth of your HD space needs to be free to be able to run your
applications. You can keep stuff such as your photos and documents on an
external HD to free up space on your main HD.

Cheers, Susan.

Sent from my iPad