Hi again Peter,

I’ve just re-read your original post… Is this a borrowed CD from a Library?
If so it is probably DRM, digital rights management, is a way for companies to
limit the use of a specific file.
DRM is not restricted to audiobooks but one of the most aggressive uses of it
has been with them.

If so I should - Add to my previous post:  “hypothetically of course”…. as we
we can’t be seen to condone piracy which if you don’t own it then it’s not
really “morally correct” to copy.

Kind Regards,
Ronni

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6