Stephen,

It will never be safe to download Flash Player, particularly if you are getting
email reminders to do so.
These are almost certainly phishing emails.

You would be better served to go to the Adobe website
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html
and download the Flash removal tool and remove all traces of Flash Player from
your computer.

robin